BigCommerce is easily one of your best shopping cart options when it comes to SEO. As the founder and CEO of Coalition Technologies, one of the country’s leading web design and SEO firms, I have used all of the major shopping cart platforms extensively, and I always recommend BigCommerce to my clients. If you want to obatain a healthy edge over your competition, BigCommerce can help you get there. We offer the best BigCommerce search engine optimization services, because we know BigCommerce and SEO, and we understand how they work together..
The Fundamentals of SEO
Search engine optimization, or SEO, isn’t simply a good idea. It’s absolutely crucial for success in online business. If you want to sell products or services in cyberspace, you need the kinds of search engine rankings that will enable you to receive adequate amounts of organic traffic. Organic traffic is simply web traffic that comes from search engines. So when a potential customer enters one on your products—like “rare books” or “natural dog food”—into Google, you want your website to appear as close to the top of the search results list as possible.
The process of achieving this goal is called SEO, and BigCommerce makes it easy to optimize your ecommerce website so that Google can easily crawl and index your pages. But simply indexing a web page isn’t good enough. You need to ensure that your pages are created, structured and organized in such a way that you can leave your competition in the dust. By combining the inherent SEO value of BigCommerce with the expertise of a knowledgeable SEO partner like Coalition Technologies, you can do just that.
Reasons for Choosing BigCommerce
- BigCommerce knows SEO. It might sound like a simple reason, but it’s true. Too many shopping cart platforms stick with the basic elements of SEO, like link building, title tags and meta descriptions, while ignoring the finer points. BigCommerce understands the most technical aspects, like the importance of tableless themes, 301 redirects, and prioritized XLM sitemaps with automated Google notification. BigCommerce even allows you to easily edit your robot.txt file.
- Simple editing. While BigCommerce handles much of the technical work on its own, the platform can’t automate everything. Still, it’s very easy to add title tags, meta descriptions, meta keywords, alt image attributes, site content, titles, headings and more. You can even create custom URLs with ease.
- Cutting edge optimization. While many website owners and even SEOs are still learning about newer search engine features like microformats and rich snippets, BigCommerce already allows you to implement these state-of-the-art capabilities without any need for coding or development.
- Superior marketing. Marketing and SEO go hand in hand, and BigCommerce is a marketing giant. Easily create coupons, promotions, email marketing campaigns, social media blasts and so much more. Keep your customers coming back for more, and build your brand with BigCommerce.
These are just some of the benefits of BigCommerce for SEO. I could elaborate on its optimal internal navigation structure, SEO-friendly URLs, Google Product Search integration and other benefits, but at this point you should have a general idea of what sets BigCommerce apart from the competition. Despite this impressive list of advantages, though, you won’t reap the full rewards without a rock solid SEO plan.
What Can an SEO Partner Do For You?
If you don’t have at least an intermediate knowledge of SEO, even the best SEO software won’t help you to reach your full rankings potential. That’s why it’s so immensely beneficial to partner with a company that knows SEO inside and out, and has the time and resources to intricately optimize every facet of your site with an expert touch.
These are just a few of the reasons why you should consider professional SEO assistance:
- An expert touch. An SEO expert knows exactly how to search for potential weaknesses in your site. These weaknesses can be as obvious as poor keyword integration, or as subtle as incomplete site map layouts. From site speed optimization to alt image tagging, a good SEO has the skill and experience to ensure that all of your ducks are in a row.
- A comprehensive plan. SEO doesn’t begin after the site has been built. A good SEO plan begins long before the site goes live. It involves exhaustive keyword research, industry research, competition analysis, page-by-page keyword site mapping and more. A good SEO can help you to obtain the upper hand before your competition even sees you coming.
- Optimized content. SEO involves a great deal of content creation: product descriptions, category descriptions, homepage copy, title tags, meta descriptions, blog articles, the list goes on. But simply writing clean copy isn’t enough. A good SEO understands how to create copy that appeals to both customers and search engine crawlers, so that you can entice your visitors while still reaping the maximum search engine benefit.
- Offsite SEO. BigCommerce, like any ecommerce platform, is limited to onsite SEO management. No matter how good a platform is, it can’t build links for you or market entirely on your behalf. Offsite SEO is tremendously important, and a professional SEO guru can take care of the offsite aspects for you.
- Ongoing maintenance. Google and other search engines are constantly revising the algorithms that they use to rank websites, and inevitably, a lot of websites suffer every time an algorithm change is implemented. Some businesses even experience massive drops in revenue. A good SEO stays up to date on all search engine trends and can help you to better absorb the changes while continuing to improve your rankings.
- Coaching and guidance. A good SEO doesn’t simply work on your behalf. A good SEO helps you to understand how to best optimize your own site, so that when you manage content on your own, you can be sure that you’re moving in the right direction to promote strong rankings and increased sales.
Why Partner with Coalition Technologies?
Coalition Technologies was born from a passion for SEO. Prior to starting the company, I conducted SEO work for major Fortune 500 companies, helping them to boost their sales and dramatically increase their online presence. I bring that same passion to Coalition Technologies, and my team of nearly 30 experts consists of some of the most knowledgeable and experienced professionals in the industry.
Coalition Technologies isn’t just another SEO firm. Our areas of expertise include search engine optimization, conversion optimization, marketing and PPC campaigns. No matter what you need, our diverse staff of Los Angeles-based experts can meet your needs. Not only do we understand SEO inside and out, but we’re also intimately acquainted with BigCommerce.
Coalition Technologies is a core design, development and SEO partner to BigCommerce, and we have been working with the platform for almost as long as it has been around. We understand every facet of BigCommerce, and we know how to use it to its fullest capabilities. From SEO to marketing, web design to development, we customize every inch of the BigCommerce platform.
But with Coalition Technologies, you don’t just get an SEO team. You get an SEO partner. We work with you every step of the day, maintaining full transparency, discussing your needs, developing plans that address your specific goals, and showing you how you can promote your own worthy SEO efforts. When you work with Coalition Technologies, you can rest assured that your BigCommerce website is in good hands.
Call Us Today
If you’d like to learn more about BigCommerce search engine optimization services, or if you’re ready to reap the benefits of having a knowledgeable SEO team by your side, give us a call today at 310-827-3890. We’ll give you a free quote and show you exactly how we can use BigCommerce and our own SEO expertise to help you achieve those highly coveted search engine rankings. Call us today.