WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Our company is devoted to providing the best possible work to our clients and maintaining a fun, thriving environment for our team. You will work side by side with top talent to improve your skills and learn how we can advance the company as a whole. Team members enjoy regular Friday lunches, free gym membership, and special company events, like BBQs, paintballing, and Laker games.
School credit is available if allowed by the university of the applicant. The unpaid internship is designed around teaching you the fundamentals of online marketing and web design. The position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and could result in an excellent industry-leader reference.
WE PREFER YOU HAVE:
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and various standard style guides such as AP
- The ability to identify news stories, angels and opportunities, and incorporate into your content
- The ability to write marketing copy for various industries and/or brands while capturing their voice
- A general understanding of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, etc…
- An interest in learning to use blogging software such as WordPress
- An interest in learning how to write for the web and SEO practices
- An interest in learning about branding and online marketing (SEO, SEM, Social Media etc.)
- The motivation to work as a team player but also independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Qualities such as dependability, reliability, initiative, a positive attitude toward the job
- Previous copywriting experience in a professional setting (preferred)
- A major in English, creative writing, and/or PR (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Excellent written english
- The ability to stay highly organized with great attention to detail and be deadline oriented
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Reliable transportation
- Been accepted into an accredited college or university and currently be receiving credit
- Availability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week onsite
YOUR DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Writing marketing and advertising copy for client websites, ranging from product descriptions to homepage content and blog posts while consistently maintaining the clients brand through all content that is created.
- Copywriting & editing for media publications such as press releases for CT and for various clients.
- Proofreading and editing client reports for the SEO team
- Editing content created by our remote copywriters for our clients with a special focus on the clients’ voice, grammar, spelling, and the interesting unique content of the piece
How to Apply:
To apply, please click here: Copyediting / Writing Internship
Please note that you will not be considered for this position if you do not follow the instructions when applying (you must go through the application process)