Improving Google rankings is the key to staying competitive in today’s digital world. After all, even the best websites won’t attract customers and clients if nobody sees them.
Learning how to improve Google rankings is a vital step for any business, new or old. If you’ve noticed that your site isn’t appearing on the first search results page when people search for relevant words and phrases, it’s time to take action. Let’s take a look at some of the common reasons why your page may not be ranking, as well as solutions to improve your online presence.
Your Website Isn’t Optimized
There are many SEO techniques that can improve your rankings. For example, your content (webpage text, heading, descriptions, meta tags, etc…) should include the actual terms (or “keywords”) you’re trying to rank for. If you’re not sure which keywords would drive the best and most relevant traffic, consider using a free keyword research tool like Google’s Keyword Planner. Here are some other simple things you can do to optimize your pages:
- Download and use a free SEO tool like Yoast. If you use a CMS platform like WordPress, it’s just a matter of downloading the tool from your plug-ins or add-ons menu.
- Build links to your site — but just make sure they’re the right kinds of links. Business directory links are beneficial, as are links from your social media profiles. Just make sure to avoid buying links, as your site can actually be penalized for this.
- Make your website engaging and user-friendly. This will encourage more people to visit, engage, and even link back to your site — and that all amounts to better rankings.
- Create and maintain a blog. Websites with regularly updated content tend to rank higher, and a blog affords you the opportunity to build a loyal following and cover a broader range of keywords.
- Make sure that your site runs smoothly. Slow page speeds, broken links, 404 errors, and a poor navigation structure are just some examples of issues that can kill your user experience and sink your search engine rankings. If you haven’t done so in a while, complete a full audit of your site and resolve any potential issues that you notice.
Unless you’re well-versed in SEO practices, it’s best to hire professionals who know the latest methods on how to improve Google rankings. Google’s algorithms are always changing, and partnering with a professional SEO agency ensures that your site fulfills the requirements to be a high-ranking resource.
You’re Trying to Reach a Saturated Market
It’s a common misconception — the internet gives you access to a global market, so it simply makes sense that you should cast as wide a net as possible, right? This approach makes sense in theory, but it’s usually not the best way to grow your customer base.
As you discover how to improve Google rankings, you’re going to realize that narrowing your focus to a smaller niche market can actually increase sales significantly. The reason why your site may not be ranking is because there are already larger companies doing what you’re doing. It’s not usually possible to compete with the giants.
For example, let’s say you sell homemade jellies and jams. Rather than incorporating keywords such as “strawberry jelly” into your content, you could try a more targeted long-tail focus such as “homemade organic strawberry preserves.” Sure, fewer people are going to search for that phrase, but your site will have a better chance of reaching a relevant audience.
Your Site Hasn’t Been Indexed Yet
If you just published your new website and are frantically searching for answers on how to improve Google rankings, you may just need to wait a bit longer. Or, if you’ve recently optimized your site and haven’t noticed any changes, Google may not have crawled your site yet.
Improving Google rankings isn’t an instant process. Sometimes it takes weeks or even months before Google catches up. An easy way to check if your site has been indexed yet is to type the following into Google’s search bar:
Replace “yoursite.com” with your actual website’s address, and make sure you don’t include the “www” or “/”.If your site shows up, it’s indexed. If it doesn’t show up, you can go to Google Search Console and submit your sitemap.
Partner With a World-Class SEO Agency
Learning how to improve Google rankings is an important first step, but if you want serious results, you should hire a professional. There are many SEO techniques required to rise to the top of the SERPs, and many of them require an expert’s touch.
Here at Coalition Technologies, we provide a wide range of highly effective SEO services that improve your site’s ranking, naturally increasing your bottom line. Whether you’re hoping to generate leads or connect with your local community, we consistently deliver results.
If you’re ready to partner with a #1 ranked SEO company with a 99% client satisfaction rate, please don’t wait to get in touch. Call (310) 827-3890 or contact us online for a free quote and consultation. Grow your business with our time-tested and proven approach to SEO.