75% of searchers don’t look beyond the first page of search engine results, which should be reason enough to get you working to improve your site’s ranking. Google’s algorithm bases its ranking on over 200 factors, and with so many websites trying to capitalize on blogs, getting more creative with your content could be your best strategy. Before you start your site’s campaign, you need to take ample time to decide what kind of SEO content fits well with your type of business. From infographics and videos to how-to-guides, there are many unique content ideas to choose from. Of course, some do better than others, so we decided to break down your available options in more detail. In this post, we discuss five types of content that boost your SEO.
Today’s world is fast-paced and, more often than not, people need certain pieces of information but have no time to read through thousands of words of SEO content. That is where infographics come in. Most searchers prefer aesthetically pleasing content that they can consume quickly, which makes infographics a successful content idea. Everything in an infographic (charts, imagery, text) is designed to be visually striking to hook the potential reader at the first glance. Research shows that colored visuals increase viewers’ attention span by 82%.
Infographics deliver an overview of a particular topic in an easy-to-digest way, making them suitable for all kinds of industries. Creating them is easy, as there are tons of resources and templates available to choose from. You do, however, need to be careful while optimizing infographics for SEO content in the following ways.
- Optimize the alt text and file names for images while being keen to avoid generic formats.
- Consider using supporting text at the start of the infographic.
An effective how-to guide is a set of clearly outlined and illustrated instructions that aim to help the reader discover how to perform a particular task. This type of SEO content is essentially an expert explanation of a physical task geared to a broader audience. As such, crafting a successful how-to-guide may require you to conduct thorough research about your topic and audience to make sure you have a complete understanding of the process itself and the people you’re trying to help. Here are some guidelines to get you started.
- Create an outline using known formats and templates for your industry.
- Conduct thorough keyword research to help optimize for SEO.
- Images and illustrations are crucial for the success of this SEO content, as they make it easier to understand and more enjoyable to use for the average reader.
- If you are not an expert in design, consider hiring a professional designer to help edit the visuals to highlight key points.
One mistake that experts may make is leaving out important steps on the assumption that they’re so obvious, no one would forget. You need to remember that you are teaching people who may never have performed the task before. As you’re creating your guide, think through the task in painstaking detail, trying to look at it from the perspective of a beginner so you don’t leave anything out.
In our constantly evolving world, trending topics do not last long, but they can bring heavy traffic to your site when well-timed. The trick here is that you have to constantly look out for big stories that are making the rounds, select what you want to work on, and cover it in your own way. You should give it a personalized angle that is uniquely relevant to your brand to set your article apart from all the other posts. Trending topics are an excellent opportunity for link building. Some considerations to keep in mind include:
- Try to keep abreast of such topics as much as possible by using relevant platforms and popular social media platforms, including Facebook and Google Trends. With experience, you may be able to pinpoint events even before they become viral.
- Develop the ability to identify gaps in the trends, using them to tailor the topic to the kind of SEO content your audience desires.
- Check what your competitors are saying about the topic to obtain insights that will help develop niche-worthy linkable content.
- It’s always a good strategy to add exciting visual properties to the content and optimize it for SEO for better search engine rankings.
Many people think that podcasts are a prohibitively complicated type of SEO content, but they are more attainable than you might think. They’re also an increasingly popular option. The fact that people can listen to podcasts as they run errands or do other chores has made them ubiquitous in recent years. In fact, more than half of American searchers over the age of 12 listen to podcasts, according to eMarketer.
To optimize a podcast, you should do the following:
- Keep a sharp eye on the trends and Google’s latest updates.
- Define a clear podcast voice.
- Consider leveraging transcriptions.
- Create chapters for your podcasts to make it easier for AI bots to understand your SEO content.
Experts foresee incredible growth in the podcast industry, so it’s a perfect content idea to add interest — and SEO value — to your website.
This type of SEO content accounts for a growing percentage of total traffic, with experts predicting that it will comprise 82% of global internet traffic. With millions of people creating and uploading video content by the second, how do you become successful in creating clips? SEO is a great way to make your content stand out. Here are some key practices for optimizing videos:
- Use engaging and eye-capturing thumbnails.
- Write keyword-rich title description and tags. Including optimized transcripts and captions can further boost the SEO value of video content.
- Optimize your page around the video so it will be easier to find.
- Avoid using the same video for multiple pages on your site.
If you don’t know where to start when it comes to videos, begin by creating an SEO-friendly video introduction to your brand, and continue brainstorming ideas for future videos from there.
Blogs will probably work for your page, but there are many more types of SEO content for you to consider and appreciate. The important thing is to focus on understanding your target audience and brand completely so you select the content ideas that will drive results. Regardless of your final choices, remember that optimizing your SEO content is what will define your page’s success or failure.