Magento is one of the most SEO-friendly ecommerce platforms available, and from the moment you install the system, you can start taking advantage of the optimum search engine ranking benefits. As the founder and CEO of Coalition Technologies, a leading SEO and web design firm, I have spent countless hours testing and using every major shopping cart platform, from Shopify to BigCommerce, Volusion to 3DCart, and I have found that Magento is second to none when it comes to SEO configuration. But SEO can never be a fully automated process, and that’s why it’s immensely beneficial for companies to partner with a qualified SEO firm.
Magento is configured so that Google can easily crawl and index each page on your website. With search-friendly URLs, an optimal internal navigation structure, Google site map creation, auto-generation of popular search terms and more, Magento does quite a bit of the work for you. Even if you know absolutely nothing about SEO, the optimized features alone will give you an edge over much of your competition,
Magento also makes it simple to create custom page copy, headings, title tags, meta descriptions and alt image attributes, which if properly implemented, can provide you with even greater SEO value. These features require no technical knowledge, but they do require a bit of thought and time. And that’s where a knowledgeable partner can be extremely valuable.
Why Hire an SEO Company?
As previously emphasized, you can’t automate anything. Magento makes it easy to optimize even those aspects of SEO that cannot be automated, but if you truly want to get the most search engine value, you’re going to need to make some very important consideration. For instance:
- Keyword research. SEO is all about finding your target keywords and then ranking for them in the most popular search engines. It’s about finding the right balance between short tail and long tail keywords, targeting terms based on competition vs. search traffic, and constantly finding new keywords within your niche that would be of interest to your potential customers.
- Content creation. Your words drive traffic, so choose them carefully. When writing site content, product descriptions, blog entries and more, it’s important to understand how to create relevant, high-quality content while still implementing your target keywords with the right density.
- Title tags and meta descriptions. Magento makes it simple to create title tags and meta descriptions that visitors will see when perusing the search engines, but creating these tags can be tricky. If you want to ensure that your website receives as many clicks as possible, your tags must strike the right balance between keyword usage, relevant information and marketing persuasion.
- Competitor research. It’s not enough to focus on your own site. If you want to succeed in the competitive world of SEO, you must remain up to date on your competition as well. What websites link to your competitors’ websites? Which keywords do your competitors rank for? How are they optimizing their sites? These are all very important considerations, because they shed light on how you can improve your own rankings and gain an edge over your competitors.
- Site analysis. While Magento takes care of much of the back-end work for you, certain problems can always slip through the cracks. A good SEO knows how to spot subtle vulnerabilities that can hinder a website’s search engine rankings, including slow loading speed, incomplete site maps, broken code, duplicate content or even lack of relevant content.
- Link building. There are some aspects of SEO that cannot be performed on-site. Link building is one of the oldest methods used by SEOs and website owners to improve search engine rankings, and it remains an important ingredient. But a good SEO knows how to build the right kinds of links and avoid the types of links that can hinder one’s rankings.
- Marketing. SEO is a form of marketing in itself, but any good SEO campaign borrows from all facets of online marketing: Social media campaigns, social bookmarking, press releases, news articles. These things all have tremendous value in the SEO world.
- Ongoing maintenance. SEO is not a one-time project, but an ongoing exercise. Google and other search engines are constantly fine-tuning their algorithms, and SEOs must always remain ahead of the curve and make the appropriate adjustments in real time. Otherwise, it would be impossible to remain competitive with the ever-evolving search engines.
So as you can see, Magento is great for SEO, but search engine optimization is an extremely multifaceted process that requires more effort than any content management system can handle on its own. If you use Magento—or are thinking of using Magento—for your ecommerce website, you already have the upper-hand as far as SEO is concerned, but why not give yourself the maximum advantage? Hire a Magento search engine optimization company. Coalition Technologies is your #1 choice.
Why Choose Coalition Technologies?
Coalition Technologies is your best choice for a number of reasons. First of all, we may be one of the world’s only web design firms founded by a seasoned SEO expert, and our staff of nearly 30 people includes experts in development, web design, search engine optimization and marketing, so we have the knowledge and the resources to handle your every Magento need with unparalleled professionalism and excellence.
In addition, Coalition Technologies is a Magento Silver Partner, so we understand the platform inside and out, and we invest considerable time and money in building attractive, expertly-optimized Magento websites. Our team understands how to get the most from Magento’s built-in SEO tools while also performing custom onsite and offsite optimization. At Coalition Technologies, we leave no stone unturned when it comes to SEO. That’s because we believe in a multifaceted approach, which zeroes in on every Google algorithm consideration, right down to the finest detail.
We delegate SEO tasks according to each team member’s area(s) of expertise. So you can be sure that your back-end performance will be handled by qualified developers, your content will be handled by professional writers and marketers, and your every need will be handled by experts who understand SEO to the fullest. We even have PPC experts who can help you to set up Google AdWords and other pay-per-click campaigns, if you so desire.
Call Us Today
If you need a Magento search engine optimization company that is truly equipped to give you the results you need, look no further than Coalition Technologies. We’re here for you, and we have the knowledge and experience to optimize your Magento site for ideal search engine rankings, improved traffic and increased revenue. Call us today at 310-827-3890 to speak with one of our qualified team members and receive a free quote. We provide a wealth of services, and we will be happy to come up with a custom plan that fits your needs and your budget. Call us today.