Building an ecommerce website involves so much more than merely organizing products and establishing a shopping cart. There are literally millions of online stores in the ever-expanding universe of cyberspace, and if you want to distinguish yourself from the pack, you need to rise above the monotony, the predictability and the inefficiency of your typical, run-of-the-mill e-shop. That’s where ecommerce website development comes in. The right dev strategy can quite literally mean the difference between flourishing and floundering in the digital marketplace, so make sure to put your best foot forward when it comes to building that big Web store. Here are some simple ways in which you can better ensure your own cyber success.
5 Invaluable Ecommerce Website Development Tips
- Make sure that your layout is universal. Based on the current rate of growth, mobile search is poised to surpass desktop search in matter of months, not years. And the key to conversion optimization is ensuring that your website is just as easy to navigate on a PC as it is on a tablet. Whether your visitors are using a smart phone, a laptop or even an iPad, your website should look beautiful and function flawlessly. To achieve this, you’ll need to utilize responsive design.
- Emphasize usability. It’s not enough to have a great-looking website. If you want to generate sales, people must be able to navigate the site with ease. Otherwise, they’re just going to hit the “Back” button and search elsewhere. Make sure to incorporate simple, streamlined navigation and as straightforward a checkout process as possible.
- Design your site with SEO in mind. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is about more than building links and researching keywords. If you want to achieve the best possible search engine rankings, you need to pay attention to the often neglected but critically important back-end SEO configurations, like XML sitemaps, HTML sitemaps, robots files and meta tags. Don’t forget about issues like link navigation structure and optimal URL structure.
- Streamline every possible facet of your site. You should have mechanisms in place to facilitate newsletter subscriptions, automated social media posts, user engagement, product reviews and recommendations. The more interactive your site, the stronger your business.
- Test it, and then test it again. Even minor bugs, like slow load speeds and the occasional 404 error, can devastate your bottom line. These inefficiencies turn away customers and can even leave a negative impact on the search engines (and that hurts you from an SEO standpoint). So make sure to go through your site with a fine-toothed comb and ensure that every piece of code is in optimal working order. These things matter.
Coalition Technologies – Ecommerce Website Development Experts
If you feel overwhelmed by the more technical aspects of Web development, we understand. At Coalition Technologies, we employ some of the most qualified and experienced developers in the industry, and we would be happy to work with you to create the ultimate ecommerce website. If you would like to learn more, call us for a free quote at 1-310-827-3890, and we’ll show you exactly how we can develop your perfect online business site, designed to help you reach your ultimate potential.